Joint submission to the Chilcot Enquiry
Back in January-February 2010, Peter Stone of UK Blue Shield co-ordinated a joint submission to the Chilcot Enquiry. The submission is referred to in paragraphs 801-826 of the Chilcot Report, published today, but I can't find it on the Iraq Inquiry website. As a contributor to, and editor of, that report (though not a signatory — I was Vice-Chair of BISI's council at the time), and as it was always meant to be a public document, I thought I'd post it here, along with the cover letter and press release issued with it, on 17 February 2010.
These documents were submitted on behalf of:
- UK National Commission for UNESCO
- British Academy
- British Institute for the Study of Iraq
- Council for British Archaeology
- European Association of Archaeologists
- Institute for Archaeologists
- International Council on Monuments and Sites UK
- International Council of Museums UK
- Museums Association
- National Trust
- Nautical Archaeology Society
- Society of Antiquaries of London
- UK & Ireland Committee of the Blue Shield.