Monday 8 April 2013

Leaving Baghdad

I'm now in Baghdad airport (free wifi!) waiting for a flight to Basra. From there I'm going straight to the Ur Regional Archaeology Project's dig at Tell Khaiber (where they have a newly discovered cuneiform tablet waiting for me to decipher!) and heading home to the UK on Wednesday.

I've had a marvellous time in Baghdad, and will write soon about my visits to the Iraqi National Library and Archive (INLA) and the Iraq Museum yesterday. Upload speeds aren't fast enough here to post photo-based stuff. So for now I just want to say a heartfelt thank you to my hosts here, both personally on behalf of BISI: the British Embassy and British Council Iraq; and INLA's director, Dr Saad Eskander. All of them have gone out of their way to make my time in Baghdad both enjoyable and highly productive (not to mention safe!).

No comments:

Post a Comment